Vanta Responsible Disclosure Policy
Last Updated: September 11, 2020
Data security is a top priority for Vanta, and Vanta believes that working with skilled security researchers can identify weaknesses in any technology. If you believe you’ve found a security vulnerability in Vanta’s service, please notify us; we will work with you to resolve the issue promptly.
- If you believe you’ve discovered a potential vulnerability, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge your email within one week.
- Please provide us with a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue before disclosing it to the public or a third party. We aim to resolve critical issues within ten business days of disclosure.
- Make a good faith effort to avoid violating privacy, destroying data, or interrupting or degrading the Vanta service. Please only interact with accounts you own or for which you have explicit permission from the account holder.
Vanta is providing this service to help ensure a safe and secure environment for all of its users. As such, any users believed to be engaging in the below activities will have their user credentials immediately deactivated.
While researching, we’d like you to refrain from:
- Denial-of-Service (DoS)
- Social engineering or phishing of Vanta employees or contractors
- Any attacks against Vanta’s physical property or data centers
This policy applies to the Vanta Application hosted at app.vanta.com and to any other subdomains or services associated with the Vanta App. We do not accept reports for vulnerabilities solely affecting our marketing website (www.vanta.com) which contains no sensitive data.
Thank you for helping to keep Vanta and our users safe!
Vanta is always open to feedback, questions, and suggestions. If you would like to talk to us, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.