August updates have shipped! For HIPAA customers, we’ve released a HIPAA compliance training video. For all Vanta users, we now offer a ClickUp integration to prove your organization’s use of a task tracking system. We’ve also introduced new automated tests for HIPAA, MFA, AWS, and NoSQL databases. Read on to learn more about what’s new in Vanta.
HIPAA Compliance Training Video
The HIPAA Privacy Rule mandates that all members of a workforce be provided with PHI security training “within a reasonable period of time after the person joins the covered entity’s workforce”. This is in addition to general Security Awareness Training, which is also required under the HIPAA Security Rule. Fortunately, Vanta now offers both training videos all-in-one employee onboarding experience. This helpful feature is available (in beta) to all HIPAA customers at no additional cost. Contact your CSM for more info!
New Tests, Integrations, and Improvements
The following Tests have been rolled out to further automate your security and compliance:
- Check that HIPAA security awareness training is enabled
- Document HIPAA security awareness training completion
- Check that MFA is enabled for Microsoft 365 IDP
- Check that AWS S3 buckets are closed to public ports
- Check that NoSQL databases are encrypted
- Check that NoSQL databases have backups
The following Integration has been introduced to validate that your organization is using a task tracking system for software development:
- Raw data exports now include SLA requirements for security, vulnerability, and onboarding tests
- Drag and drop now available when uploading policy documents
- Vanta Standard reports can now be searched by keyword or status for improved usability
As always, we welcome your feedback on these changes! Please let us know what you think by reaching out to your Customer Success Manager.
Keep in touch on LinkedIn.
– The Vanta Team